Halloween 2021 is just around the corner, which means you, like most people, are going to dress up in some kind of costume. One of the best ways to take your look to the next level is to wear Halloween contact lenses.
If you’re looking to buy costume contacts, shop our vast selection of FDA-approved novelty contacts, in time for Halloween! Otherwise, read on.
Halloween contact lenses are also known as costume contact lenses, special effect contact lenses, cosmetic contact lenses, or novelty contact lenses. Many people use these types of lenses to add depth to their costumes and make them look more believable. Actors, actresses, and stuntmen in Hollywood have also been using Halloween contact lenses for decades when playing characters such as aliens, ghosts, vampires, and other supernatural or fantastical creatures.
If you’ve never worn Halloween contact lenses or just have questions about them, don’t worry. In this post, we answer the most common questions about Halloween contact lenses.
- Is wearing Halloween contacts safe?
Just like wearing regular contact lenses, wearing Halloween contact lenses does pose some risk. This is because the FDA still considers Halloween contact lenses, cosmetic contact lenses, or decorative contact lenses as medical devices.
However, these risks can be minimized and even eliminated as long as you:
- Consult your eye care professional (ECP) and obtain a valid prescription for Halloween contact lenses
- Buy your contact lenses from reputable sources
- Buy only FDA-approved Halloween contact lenses
- Wear your Halloween contact lenses as directed by the manufacturer
- Do I need a prescription to buy and wear Halloween contact lenses?
Yes. Even if you only want to wear them for cosmetic reasons, you still need a valid prescription from an ECP to buy and wear Halloween contact lenses. A reputable store will always ask for a copy of your prescription before allowing you to buy contact lenses.
- Can Halloween contact lenses correct my vision?
Most Halloween contact lenses are Plano, which means they have no vision-correcting capabilities. However, you can find Halloween contact lenses that can correct your vision and are available in a wide range of powers.
If you have no vision problems, then you can opt for Plano Halloween contact lenses. On the other hand, if you are nearsighted, farsighted, or astigmatic, you should wear Halloween contact lenses that can correct your vision.
- Do Halloween contact lenses hurt?
Wearing Halloween contact lenses can hurt and lead to serious eye problems like corneal ulcers and infections if you:
- Buy non-FDA-approved Halloween contact lenses from thrift stores, beauty salons, costume shops, online stores that don’t require prescriptions, and other untrustworthy sources
- Handle Halloween contact lenses with unsanitized and unwashed hands
- Neglect to follow your ECPs recommendations as well as the manufacturer’s instructions for wearing Halloween contact lenses
- Wear Halloween contact lenses longer than their recommended wearing schedule
- Sleep in your Halloween contact lenses
- Can you reuse Halloween contact lenses?
Yes. You can reuse your Halloween contact lenses if you buy them from Lens.com. All our Halloween contact lenses are designed to last for one year. With regular care, cleaning, and storing, you can use these Halloween contact lenses for up to one year.
- Where can I buy Halloween contact lenses?
You can safely buy Halloween contact lenses from:
- The offices of eye care professionals
- Reputable brick-and-mortar stores that have employees who ask for a copy of your prescription and who can provide proper assistance should you have any concerns
- Reputable online stores or e-commerce sites that ask for a copy of your prescription and only sell FDA-approved contact lenses
Wherever you choose to buy your contact lenses, the important thing is that you get a valid prescription beforehand and only buy from a reputable source.
- What is the most convenient way to buy Halloween contact lenses?
You can buy your Halloween contact lenses from any reputable source. However, with the threat of COVID-19 still looming, the safest and most convenient way to buy Halloween contact lenses is to purchase them online from a website like Lens.com.
Here are a few reasons why you should buy your Halloween contact lenses from Lens.com:
Our customers’ safety is our top priority. All of our Halloween contact lenses are FDA-approved and made of the highest quality materials available.
- Maximum savings
We can guarantee you that we offer the best prices on not just regular contact lenses, but also Halloween contact lenses. Lens.com’s prices can be 70% less than the prices of other websites or brick-and-mortar shops.
- Industry independence
We buy all our contact lenses in bulk. Our huge inventory allows us to stay independent of the rest of the industry and set the lowest possible prices for our products.
All you need to do is provide us with a copy of your prescription and choose your Halloween contact lenses. Once you’ve made your order, we will ship your contact lenses to you in 24-48 hours.
Regardless of what design you choose for your Halloween contact lenses, always obtain a valid prescription from your ECP before buying and only purchase FDA-approved Halloween contact lenses from reputable sources. Lens.com offers one of the largest selections of FDA-approved novelty lenses online.